Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Habits...

Habits are hard to break. I have broken some and have some I need to break. I have one habit that is the hardest thing I've ever had to correct...temper. But, while I work on that BIG one I'm knocking out some small ones. We've had record setting snow fall in Oklahoma this past couple weeks and so the girls and I have been out of school. For some reason I have gotten a TON of stuff finished. All those little annoying projects like going through the clothes, toys, junk drawers. I've even managed to get all my homework done along with rewrite all my notes and study...if you know me you know that's a feat. I have realized that I am more organized than I thought! I am perfectly capable of being a good student! I just need to find the time. I have been able to take the time to get my house in order ~ a house that is severely passed up by the hustle and bustle of daily life. Once that was done (office not included, I know) I was able to sit and enjoy my homework. It wasn't nearly as stressful! Thankfully we got another few inches of snow today so I was able to get new assignments done and tomorrow will be dedicated to tackling that office. (I've said it out loud therefore it must be done). So it's time to break out the ole appointment book and pencil in some me time. I did this most of the semester last fall but lost in the office is my new planner for 2011. Let's see what the bible says about "me time"... 
3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
Just like I daily focus on the Word for strength...I need to daily focus on myself to evaluate. It's critical to reflect on where we stand and where we are to improve to be more like HIM. That, for me, requires a long hot bath.... ;~)

No comments:

Post a Comment